Southpaw Releases TACTIC 3.7
March 20, 2012
TACTIC 3.7 was built for speed and productivity. They have built in a number of new enhancements to boost the way you work and interact with TACTIC. The tabular layout engine has been rewritten and is significantly faster and more scalable. The "check-in" widget has had numerous workflow improvements to allow for a much more intuitive "checking in" of assets. In addition, there have been many improvements that have reduced the number of steps to do common tasks.
New features in TACTIC 3.7
The Fast Table
The "Fast" Table is a completely rewritten tabular display engine that enables you to quickly display and edit larger tables with hundreds and even thousands of rows.
Tactic placed a lot of attention on making "check-ins" faster and more friendly for users in a wide range of industries who might be familiar with different check-in workflows.
- The check-in widget is now far more intuitive.
- You now have the ability to check in multiple files with multiple contexts...in one step
- Check in will detect which local files have changed
- Southpaw now a "freeform" check in, in which you can check in files without worrying about specific contexts
- Southpaw offer custom check-in validation, custom check-in scripts and custom configuration of check-ins by pipeline process
Updated Work Hour Widget
TACTIC 3.7 also speeds the process of entering work/task information:
- Work hours (straight time) can be entered quickly per task on a Southpaw ekly basis
- New widgets simplify the process of tying hours to tasks and pipeline processes
Additional Workflow Enhancements
Southpaw have added a large number of workflow enhancements, which provide easier access to commonly needed tools and information:
Southpaw now have a Quick Hover Menu that allows you to add multiple users to a task, or edit/delete/or change status' on notes
- A Quick Add Item link can now be found in the header
- A Quick Add Column link lets you easily add columns for Notes, Tasks and Check-in tools
- Quick access to the column manager lets you quickly pull in different columns
Different users interact with TACTIC in different ways, which is why Southpaw have made our interface even more flexible with a Layout Switcher. The Layout Switcher provides a convenient way to rapidly switch betSouthpaw en common views to use common tools.
- Organize the screen the way you like to work with it, for instance by Tile, List, Content, Task Schedule, Check-in, etc.
With TACTIC 3.7, Southpaw ’ve even improved the speed with which you can install it.
- You can now configure system level parameters in the TACTIC interface
- You can also handle simplified installations through the use of UI
For those of you who are new to TACTIC, Southpaw ’ve improved your access to the help system, helping you find relevant information faster than ever.
You now have even better access to relevant Help sections and built-in access to documentation
For additional information on TACTIC’s use in advertising or other industries,
please visit www.southpawtech.com,
or contact email@example.com.
About Southpaw Technology Inc.
Southpaw Technology provides production asset management solutions to digital content creation companies.
Available as a Southpaw b-based solution for Mac OSX, Windows and Linux, TACTIC combines all the functionality teams,
departments and businesses need to keep digital productions on track and on budget, including asset management,
project management, workflow management and communication tools. For more information, please visit www.southpawtech.com.