Our commitment to your privacy
- if they are subject to the Privacy Act as a result of a "link" to Australia (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988);
- where we provide Personal Information to them to assist us in our business; or
- the Privacy Act 1988 otherwise binds them.
Our business activities and functions include:
- selling audio, video and broadcast hardware and software;
- providing consulting and other services; and
- any business activities related to any of these activities.
- "Personal Information" is defined to mean information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
- "Sensitive Information" is defined to mean information or an opinion about an individual's:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association;
- membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health information;
- genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information.
What Personal Information do we Collect and Hold?
We may collect and hold the following types of Personal Information:
- name, date of birth and relationship to other individuals (e.g. records of next of kin or contact person for employees);
- address, phone number, fax number, email address, Skype address and other addresses/contact details/identifiers used in electronic communications by customers, clients and other persons;
- voicemails that are left on our telephony system;
- information submitted through our website;
- credit card or details of other payment methods used on our website or to purchase our products and services;
- information supplied to us via surveys, competition entry forms, and data collection supplied via websites,;
- photographic images of staff, clients and of individuals supplied to us for use in connection with our business activities;
- information about enquiries made to us, our suppliers or business associates;
- information provided when you raise a support enquiry or when we are working with you to resolve a technical or administrative query;
- the content of letters and emails you send to us.
We will not collect or hold Sensitive Information. The only exceptions to this rule are:
- where you voluntarily provide Sensitive Information to us;
- where the Sensitive Information is directly linked to the individual's employment records and our collection, holding and use is permitted by the Privacy Act for the purpose managing the individual's employment record;
- where Sensitive Information is provided to us in connection with the individual seeking employment, contract work, work experience or similar, whether solicited or unsolicited.
How do we Collect and Hold Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- through our website;
- through communications with you, including letters, emails, telephone calls, facsimiles, surveys, competitions and via social media applications;
- through communications with others;
- in the course of providing our products and services to you, including providing support through our support service;
- in the course of our business functions and activities;
- through communication which we conduct such as email, microsites, surveys, competitions and customer feedback.
We hold Personal Information:
- in our hard copy files;
- in other systems that we use in connection with our business, some of which may be owned and operated by our suppliers;
- in the database associated with our website.
- Providing it is lawful and practical, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself, using a pseudonym, or not providing Personal Information when you enter into a transaction or deal with us.
- If you elect not to provide us with Personal Information then we may not be able to provide you with the information, products, services or support that you may want.
- We may receive other unsolicited Personal Information in the course of our business. We will deal with this unsolicited Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
The Purposes for which we use Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- pursuing our business activities and functions;
- allowing the technical support personnel to provide assistance to you if needed;
- facilitating transactions between you (or other people who you are acting for) and us or between you (or other people who you are acting for) and other people and organisations who are accessible via our website or any other electronic means;
- facilitating payment for the purchase of products or services through our website or otherwise. In this case you will be directed to (or we may use to facilitate the transaction) a third party website (a secure internet payment gateway) approved by the relevant financial institution to enter your credit/debit/charge card or other payment mechanism details. This third party may in turn integrate the payment software with a third party payment application provider who assists in managing the payment transaction;
- performing any of the features on our website, e.g. contact us or any other data collection form, conducting surveys, competition forms, mail outs, using social media;
- statistical analysis of the usage of our website or applications or tools that are accessed via the website;
- improving the quality or user experience of our website and our products and services;
- direct marketing;
- developing or adding additional products and services from us or existing or new people and organisations that are accessible via our website;
- training and quality assurance purposes;
- administrative purposes;
- allowing the technical support personnel to manage our infrastructure, systems, databases other applications or tools;
- complying with the law, including privacy legislation.
- If you have given us your consent to provide you with direct marketing communications we may collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information in accordance with that consent to enable us to provide you (or other people who you are acting for) information about, and offer you (or other people who you are acting for), products and services.
- If you give us consent to provide you with direct marketing communications we will provide a simple means where you can request not to receive direct marketing communications. You may also request that we do not provide your Personal Information to any of our suppliers or business associates in order for them to provide you with direct marketing communications. If we use a third party source to obtain Personal Information about you for the purpose of direct marketing to you, you may request that we disclose the source of that information. We will respond to any request made under this clause within a reasonable period and at no cost to you.
- If we sell some or all of our business or its assets then we will transfer any Personal Information to the acquirer as part of that transaction.
Disclosure of the Personal Information Overseas
We may send Personal Information overseas in the following circumstances:
where one of our trading entities, or related and affiliated contractors assists us with our business activities and functions;
- where we have a supplier assisting us with providing assistance with our business activities and functions. We have no control over where these suppliers hold or process their data and it is impractical for us to be able to advise you of the countries where the Personal Information may be held or processed.
- where our website, or any hosting service we use to support our managed services, software or software as a service, is hosted by us or a third party, and the hosting facilities and/or the back-up/disaster recovery sites are located overseas. We have no control over where these third party providers host the website and it is impractical for us to be able to advise you of the countries where the Personal Information may be held or processed.
- where a third party application is being used in connection with our interactions with you, e.g. when we use email or Skype the third party providers of the relevant application have their applications hosted overseas. We have no control over where these third party providers host their applications and it is impractical for us to be able to advise you of the countries where the Personal Information may be held or processed.
- where one of our trading entities, or related and affiliated contractors assists us with our business activities and functions;
- The countries to which we know the Personal Information may be sent include countries where our website and supporting databases are hosted.
Use of Social Media
- Our website may use social media including blogs, Twitter feeds, and links to other social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and similar sites. The nature of social media is that these applications actively enable exchange and disclosure of any information, whether personal or otherwise, that is included within those applications. All information, including Personal Information that you enter in those applications may be used, stored, handled and disclosed in any way that is consistent with the privacy policies of the relevant applications, if any. All information that is posted in a blog, twitter feed or other social media in connection with the website should be considered as public information that may be used, copied and adapted by any person for any means and should not be posted unless you are prepared to specifically state what restrictions on use there may be with that information or are prepared to accept that it may be used, copied, adapted, stored, handled and disclosed to any other person in any way.
Cookies, Metadata and Site Data Activity
- A cookie is a small piece of computer code which remains on your computer and contains information which helps us identify your browser.
- When you visit our website and applications and tools on it, a cookie may record the authentication to allow your user id to login. We use the information gathered by cookies to identify your web browser so that when you log in on the next occasion your use of the website and other applications and tools on it is easier and faster because the website has remembered your details.
- We also use Google Analytics (from Google Inc) to analyse the use of our website, and Google Analytics places cookies on your computer in order to perform its functions.
- Sometimes information that you upload is provided with associated metadata. If you do not want us to use the metadata you must remove it before uploading it onto the website and other applications and tools.
Links to other websites and applications
- Our website includes links to other websites, applications and tools that are not owned or operated by us. We not responsible for the content of those websites, applications or tools, nor for any products, services or information contained in them or offered through them. You should review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of use of those websites, applications and tools when you visit them. We do not endorse, sponsor, condone or represent the companies or content that is contained in any linked website, and reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time.
How to access and seek correction of your personal information or complain
If you want to find out what Personal Information we hold on you or you believe any of your Personal Information that is held by us is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading or it is not necessary for us to continue to hold it, you can contact us, and we will either provide you with access to the Personal Information (in so far as we are required to do so by law,) or we will correct it, as applicable, within a reasonable period. We may make a reasonable charge for giving you access to your Personal Information, but we will not charge for you making the request, correcting Personal Information or making a statement as to why we are not correcting your Personal Information. you can contact us by:
- email at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- using the contact us link on our website.
- email at the following email address email@example.com; or
- using the contact us link on our website at http://www.digistor.com.au
- Any complaint of breach of privacy may be made to: The Privacy Officer by phone or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use our best efforts to respond to any complaint within 10 business days of the date of receipt and we will attempt to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with how we deal with your complaint you may contact the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Last Update: 25 March 2015