With the integration of Orad products into the Avid MediaCentral Platform, greater openness, and key new innovations announced at IBC 2015, Avid continues to bridge workflows, simplify processes, and offer more choice
IBC (Hall 7, Booth #J20), AMSTERDAM, September 14, 2015 – Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) made several key announcements around the Avid MediaCentral™ Platform and its associated modular application suites, further delivering on the promises of Avid Everywhere™. These innovations solve the media industry’s most critical challenges, so that everyone, from individual artists and creative teams to the world’s largest media enterprises, can create, distribute, and manage content in a way that helps them get more value from their media assets.
“Two years ago, we introduced Avid Everywhere, the most significant and ambitious strategy since our inception,” said Avid Chairman, President, and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. “Since then, we have delivered on what we promised by introducing breakthrough innovations that help media organisations and creative professionals make content creation and distribution more efficient, powerful, and collaborative. Now, with greater openness with the industry’s biggest players, we are introducing even more comprehensive solutions that simplify processes and offer customers more choice.”
MediaCentral Platform momentum
With over 26,000 users worldwide and a rapidly growing partner ecosystem, the Avid MediaCentral Platform is the industry’s most open, extensible, and customisable common services foundation. The platform provides a series of application suites, a marketplace, collaboration tools, flexible licensing options, resolution independence, third-party connectivity, and more, offering the industry’s most open, flexible, and comprehensive solutions for content creation, management, and distribution.
Platform announcements include:
- Studio Suite innovations
- New Studio Suite enhances broadcast production value: Avid announced the new Studio Suite, a new grouping of products that enables collaboration between customers who use Orad solutions and other Avid and third-party products on the Avid MediaCentral Platform. Featuring deep integration with existing Avid solutions, the Studio Suite includes industry-leading Orad 3D real-time graphics, video servers, sports enhancement, virtual sets, and video wall solutions, helping customers to build stronger brands, keep up with 24/7 news cycles, and quickly create engaging sports programming.
- Media Suite innovations
- Greater openness for creative teams: Avid announced that Interplay® | MAM media asset management now supports Adobe Premiere and Apple® Final Cut Pro® X, enabling creative teams to easily manage any type of asset, automate non-creative production tasks, and reduce operational costs throughout the production process, regardless of the editing system they choose.
- Storage Suite innovations
- Extended openness with third-party editing systems: Avid announced that Avid ISIS® | 1000, ISIS | 5500, and ISIS | 7500 shared storage systems now support a wider variety of editing applications, including Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Apple Final Cut Pro, and Grass Valley EDIUS Workgroup 8, enabling editors to collaborate efficiently at any resolution, turnaround projects faster, and operate with greater cost efficiency.
- Growing momentum for Avid ISIS | 1000: Avid announced that with hundreds of systems sold in the first week of availability, creative teams and video professionals worldwide are embracing Avid ISIS | 1000 to accelerate workflows and enhance collaboration.
- Artist Suite innovations
- Greater value and new customer benefits: Avid announced Avid All Access, a family of comprehensive membership options that bring even greater value to existing subscription and service plans. With the initial offering for Pro Tools®, Avid All Access introduces a variety of benefits, including immediate access to all available software upgrades, premium customer support, the inclusion of a premium AAX plug-in effects bundle, and early access to learning opportunities from professionals and industry luminaries. Avid plans to release All Access plans for Media Composer and Sibelius in the future with more value and additional services.
- New workflows and accelerated momentum for Pro Tools | S6: Avid announced that Pro Tools | S6, which has 800 systems sold worldwide, is gaining momentum with innovative new workflows powered by version 2.0 software and additional mixing modules. The newly announced S6 Master Post Module gives post mixers the advanced control they need to easily deliver the biggest, most immersive soundtracks.
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption. Media organisations and creative professionals use Avid solutions to create the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, to the most popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, as well as a majority of today’s most celebrated music recordings and live concerts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, ProSet and RealSet, Maestro, PlayMaker, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2015 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, iNEWS, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.