2016, A Big Year for Autodesk Media & Entertainment Software
Maya, 3ds Max and Flame Premium Deliver Unparalleled Quality, Collaboration and Efficiency
As teams become more dispersed geographically, and the data used in entertainment creation is growing in both size and complexity, Autodesk provides complete solutions to help streamline creative, collaborative workflows that will allow for greater experimentation with new cloud and mobile technologies.
“Our customers are the world’s best artists, and our tools would be nothing without them. This year, we worked hard to connect artists more closely with one another and across projects,” said Chris Bradshaw, Autodesk senior vice president, Media & Entertainment. “Our 2016 software is more intuitive, connected, powerful, scalable and accessible than ever before. Our tools’ expanded flexibility enables new and seasoned artists to more easily navigate industry disruptions so they can keep telling great stories, without compromising quality.”
3D Animation Improvements
This year, the 2016 3D animation portfolio is stronger than ever with significant updates to Maya and 3ds Max. Each release includes new features and improvements designed to boost performance, collaboration and simplify daily operations for advanced creativity.
Maya 2016: Significantly Faster and Easier To Use
- Supercharged animation performance with a parallel evaluation system takes advantage of the CPU and GPU to increase the speed of both playback and character rig manipulation.
- An all new look and feel and the updated hypershade showcase improves ease of use and artist-friendly workflows.
- New capabilities in Bifrost, including adaptive foam and guided simulations, help deliver state-of-the-art, realistic liquid simulations.
3ds Max 2016: Procedural Content Creation, tools for better collaboration and ease of use
Updates to Flame Family
The new releases of Flame and Flame Premium provide customers with a comprehensive, high-end VFX and creative finishing toolset, new look development tools, a connected workflow, faster, interactive performance, and other user-requested improvements.
- New Look Development: Tools to help artists exceed customer expectations, including:
- Lightbox- An interactive GPU shader toolkit for 3D color correction.
- Matchbox in Action-Applies fast, interactive Matchbox shaders to texture maps/textures for image treatments without leaving the 3D compositing scene.
- Color Management Workflow Enhancements.
- A more connected workflow for connected creativity:
The 2016 Entertainment Creation Suite includes all the new features and updates to Maya 2016 and 3ds Max 2016, in addition to updates and enhancements in Mudbox 2016 and MotionBuilder 2016 that help improve the daily work of artists, developers, directors and cinematographers.
Digiststor offers Autodesk standalone products on a pay-as-you-go basis through desktop subscription, which makes Autodesk tools more accessible and enables regular updates that help improve designers’ daily operations; this allows them to focus on what they enjoy – being creative. Learn more about Autodesk subscription options.
Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2016 will be available through Digistor. Browse Autodesk range.