New Features and Enhancements Streamline Motion Graphics, VFX and VR Content Creation Workflows; First Peeks at Next-Gen Development. MAXON to Showcase Powerful new Features at the IBC 2017 in Amsterdam
FRIEDRICHSDORF, Germany – September 1, 2017 – MAXON has announced the start of delivery of Cinema 4D Release 19 (R19). This next generation of MAXON’s professional 3D application delivers both great tools and enhancements artists can put to use immediately, and provides a peek into the foundations for the future. Designed to serve individual artists as well as large studio environments, Release 19 offers a fast, easy, stable and streamlined workflow to meet today’s challenges in the content creation markets; especially general design, motion graphics, VFX, VR/AR and all types of visualization.
Cinema 4D R19 Feature Highlights Include:
- Viewport Improvements – Results so close to final render that client previews can be output using the new native mp4 video support.
- MoGraph Enhancements – Added workflow capabilities in Voronoi Fracturing and an all-new Sound Effector.
- New Spherical Camera – Lets artists render stereoscopic 360° Virtual Reality videos and dome projections.
- New Polygon Reduction – Easily reduce entire hierarchies while preserving vertex maps, selection tags and UV coordinates to ensure textures continue to map properly and preserve polygon detail.
- Level of Detail (LOD) Object– Define and manage settings to maximize viewport and render speed, or prepare optimized assets for game workflows. Exports FBX for use in popular game engines.
- AMD’s Radeon ProRender– Now seamlessly integrated into R19, providing artists with a cross-platform GPU rendering solution.
- Revamped Media Core – Completely rewritten software core to increase speed and memory efficiency for image, video and audio formats; native support for mp4 video without QuickTime.
- Robust Modeling – A new modeling core with improved support for edges and N-gons can be seen in the Align and Reverse Normals commands.
- BodyPaint 3D – Now uses an OpenGL painting engine, giving R19 artists a real-time display of reflections, alpha, bump or normal, and even displacement for improved visual feedback and texture painting when painting color and adding surface details in film, game design and other workflows.
A complete feature list is available at the Release 19 landing page.
European Debut at the IBC 2017 in Amsterdam
MAXON Cinema 4D R19 will make its European debut at the MAXON booth in hall 7, K30 at IBC 2017, which will take place from September 15 – 19, 2017, at the RAI Convention Center in Amsterdam.
In addition, internationally-renowned 3D artists like Peter Eszenyi, Sophia Kyriacou and Tim Clapham as well as other creatives from international studios will share insights into and techniques used on projects created with Cinema 4D. Partners including Google, Insydium, and Redshift will present important workflow integrations with Cinema 4D. Detailed information as well as the live streaming of all presentations will be available at http://www.c4dlive.com/.
Cinema 4D R19 Pricing, Availability and Upgrade Path
Cinema 4D Release 19 is available from Digistor. MAXON Service Agreement customers whose MSA is active as of September 1, 2017 will be upgraded automatically. Cinema 4D R19 is available for Mac OS X and Windows; Linux nodes are also available for network rendering. Recommended system requirements are available at http://www.maxon.net/.
Headquartered in Friedrichsdorf, Germany, MAXON Computer is a developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Its award-winning Cinema 4D and BodyPaint 3D software products have been used extensively to help create everything from stunning visual effects in top feature films, TV shows and commercials, cutting-edge game cinematics for AAA games, as well for medical illustration, architectural and industrial design applications. MAXON has offices in Germany, USA, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Japan and Singapore. MAXON products are available directly from the web site and its worldwide distribution channel. MAXON is part of the Nemetschek Group.